Dr. Howard Sobel combines modern technology with thirty years of experience. He is recognized by both New York Magazine and the Castle Connolly Guide on How To Find the Best Doctors in the New York, Metropolitan Area as one of New York's premier cosmetic dermatologic surgeons for thirteen consecutive years. He has helped pioneer the union of dermatology with cosmetic surgery. In 1986, Dr. Sobel was among the first surgeons to perform liposuction using the tumescent solution purely under local anesthesia.
Dr. Sobel received his degree in medicine from the Albert Einstein School of Medicine and completed his residency in dermatology and dermatologic surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. He is a Board Certified Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgeon, as well as being the first editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology.
Dr. Howard Sobel is a Diplomate, Fellow or Member of the following medical board, societies and organizations:
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatological Surgery
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- New York State Society of Dermatology
- Dermatology Foundation - Century Club
- The Society for Investigative Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- New York State Society of Cosmetic Surgery
- The Dermatologic Society of Greater New York
- New York Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- American College of Phlebology
Dr. Sobel is an Attending Physician in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital (North Shore Hospital/ LIJ). He is also the founder of one of the first doctor dermatologic skin care lines, DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula). DDF was purchased in 2007 by Procter & Gambel (also P&G) and Dr. Sobel remains as a dermatologic consultant to both DDF's national & international distribution of all skin care products.
Dr. Sobel has made numerous television and radio appearances including: