With so many injectable cosmetic treatments available, it can be difficult to understand the differences between all your options. Sculptra is one of many injectable treatments available, but it is quite unique. Keep reading to learn more about this option.
How does Sculptra work?
Sculptra works differently than many other injectable treatments on the market. Instead of instantly adding volume, it gradually improves the underlying structure of the skin.
The main ingredient in Sculptra is a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, gradually works to replace lost collagen. By reinforcing the underlying structure of the skin, Sculptra restores fullness and subtly corrects wrinkles and creases in the face.
This FDA approved procedure usually requires two or three sessions spaced out over a few months. The results become noticeable over time and can last for up to two years.
When should you choose something else?
Sculptra is best for gradually improving the appearance of wrinkles and folds. It does not provide instant results.
If you want to add instant fullness to your cheeks or lips, you should probably choose a hyaluronic acid injectable filler like Juvederm or Restylane.
If you want to instantly target wrinkles caused by repeated facial movements (such as crows feet and furrowed brows) you may want to consider Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin.
When is Sculptra the best option?
If you’re looking for subtle, gradual, long-lasting improvement, Sculptra may be your best option. The following patients may benefit from choosing Sculptra:
- Those who want to look younger, but who do not want others realizing that they’ve had cosmetic treatments.
- Patients wanting to improve the appearance of wrinkles and creases in the face.
- Men or women who want long-term results that can last for up to two years.
- Those who would like to subtly improve their appearance.
- Women who aren’t comfortable with surgical procedures such as facelifts.
- Those who want to look younger and feel more attractive.
- People who want to improve their appearance gradually in a natural looking way.
If you’d like to learn more about enhancing your appearance with Sculptra, or other cosmetic treatments, schedule a consultation at Park Avenue Skin and Spa.