Everyone wants clear, young-looking skin, but how do you get it? Keep reading to learn about five easy ways to improve the health and appearance of your skin.
1. Establish A Good Routine
Good habits are key to keeping your skin clear and healthy. Make the following habits part of your routine:
- Wash your face before bed every single night
- Wash your hands regularly and try to avoid touching your face
- Do your best to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
- Wash your sheets and pillowcases often
- Apply moisturizer after washing your face each morning
- Wear sunscreen whenever you’ll be outside
- Exercise regularly
- Keep your hair away from your face
2. Eat The Right Food
Nutrients are just as important to your skin as they are to the rest of your body. Include the following foods in your diet for better skin:
- Greek yogurt or eggs for protein
- Walnuts or fish for omega-3 fatty acids
- Strawberries and oranges with vitamin C
- Green tea and yellow peppers for antioxidants
3. Stay Hydrated
Your body needs water to stay healthy and energetic—the same goes for your skin. Being dehydrated can make you look haggard and feel tired. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day for clear, hydrated skin.
4. Take Time To Relax
Stress takes its toll on your body and on your skin. Relaxing can help prevent breakouts and wrinkles. Find your own way to de-stress or try one of the following ideas:
- Take a yoga class
- Go for a walk outside
- Listen to your favorite song
- Call a friend
- Take a bath
- Watch a funny TV show
5. Seek Professional Help
Skin care professionals have access to tools and treatments that may drastically improve the appearance of your skin. For example, Park Avenue Skin & Spa offers multiple acne treatments, rosacea treatments, treatments for sun damaged skin, and other cosmetic dermatology treatments. Visiting a professional may help you better understand your skin and keep it looking clean, clear, and young.
Beautiful skin is well within your grasp! Follow the tips above and visit a skin care professional for more advice.